Calgary Home Sellers Guide
Are you considering selling your home? Please use this Calgary Home Sellers Guide prepared by Calgary Realtor Shawn Kennedy to help you in the home selling process. There are many things to consider and prepare before listing your home on today’s market. I can offer you expert advice and answer any questions that you may have.
Preparing Your Home to Sell
It is important to be proactive when marketing your home, and we can discuss in detail our step by step marketing program that gets you the best results. Here are a few things to consider before listing your property to get you started.
If you would like even more information please feel free to contact Shawn.
- “Curb Appeal” – ensure the outside is as inviting as possible maintain clear, shovelled walks in the winter
- Maintain yard and lawn in the summer – all dead plants & flowers removed
- Loose steps & railings are fixed or replaced
- A coat of exterior paint on trim and deck goes a long way
- Take as many family photos as you can down, then patch & paint where needed.
- The more the buyer can see themselves, not you, in the property the better.
- Take any expensive art down and replace if possible.
- Remove anything you would like to exclude from the sale of your home. i.e. washer, dryer, drapes…
- Don’t make it an issue open for negotiation.
- The counter tops in the kitchen and bathrooms must be clean of all items. Offers the perception of more counter space.
- All knick-knacks and personal items should be boxed and stored.
- Organize and simplify closets, drawers, storage areas and garage.
- Store out-of-season clothes and shoes in boxes and organize all cupboards and drawers to maximize the perception of space and storage potential.
- Baseboards, cabinets, walls, kitchen & bathroom must sparkle.
- Spend the money or spend the time. What’s your time worth? Hire someone, if it is feasible.
25 Cleaning Hacks that will help you get your home ready to sell.
Light & Bright
- Open all drapes and blinds to allow for maximum natural light into the house.
- Change all energy efficient light bulbs. It takes 5-10 seconds for energy efficient light bulbs to warm up. The first impression of a room should be bright.
- Paint any dark walls a lighter shade to make any room appear bigger.
- Paint provides the highest rate of return on your dollar.
- A neutral colour of paint appeals to the largest number of buyers.
- A little or a lot can greatly impact what your home sells for and how long it is listed on the market.
- Replacing old carpet, hardwood, baseboards and broken tile can have an huge impact on a buyer’s impression of your home.
- Great return on your investment.
- Ensure that you have all the required documents.
- Alleviates the stress and time from once accepting an offer on your home, to the conditions being waived.
- Access to the best mortgages and mortgage brokers available.
- Networking with expert real estate lawyers who have completed thousands of transactions.
- Connected to several qualified home inspectors.
- With years of construction experience, Shawn is able to recommend the best contractors in the business.
- Thinking of staging your home? I can recommend a stager to fit your needs and budget.
Shawn Kennedy works with Calgary Home Sellers to Sell their property!
Shawn Kennedy is a Calgary Real Estate Agent, who specializes in listing and selling properties in the South East areas of Cranston, Auburn Bay, McKenzie Lake, McKenzie Towne, New Brighton, Mahogany, and Copperfield. He offers comprehensive Real Estate Services in all Calgary communities and surrounding areas such as Okotoks, Chestermere, Cochrane, and Airdrie.